1. Write letters to the people you love. Don’t seal them; don’t send them. Instead, stick them between the pages of library books.
2. Eat raspberries off your fingertips.
3. Venture outside and observe natural life. Watch a honey bee suck the nectar from lavender plants. Watch a snail slowly make its way towards the shade of a tree. Watch a hummingbird innocently fly above your head. Realize how insignificant you are.
4. Smile at strangers; say hello. It will improve their day and your own.
5. Write lists. They can be about anything.
6. Read several pages of the dictionary. Learn new words. Write down the ones you wish to remember.
7. Never feel compelled to apologize when you don’t feel sorry. It’s okay that you’re honest. It’s okay that you have a different opinion from someone else.
8. Read books and watch movies from your childhood. A healthy dose of nostalgia is okay. Immerse yourself in your past innocence.
9. Walk to a park and get on a swing. Go as high as you can; feel limitless. The world is yours.
10. Eat if you’re hungry. Food is not the enemy. You are a human and need food to survive. You deserve to eat. Put those raspberries on your fingers and sprinkle sugar on your tongue. Taste the summer breeze and sweet aroma of jasmine flowers.
11. Don’t marinate in your sadness. You are not a steak. You are a person; you’re irreplaceable. Open yourself up to contentment. Bathe in the rivers of Glee. Go for hikes with Satisfaction. Sleep in a warm cocoon of blankets with Bliss. Let endless happiness overcome your hopeless sadness. You deserve to be happy. If life is a game and you are the referee, be biased for once and let happiness win.
when people try to convince you staying in the closet is inferior to being out, saying you’re denying yourself, you’re lying to yourself by staying in the closet
lol okay, but are you willing to house me when my family disowns me? you willing to pay the hospital bills if i become a victim of a hate crime? you willing to be my shoulder to cry on when the world starts rejecting me for ~being true to myself~? no?
then literally zip your mouth close and get the hell away from me
Move to Portland and you won’t have to worry about any of this nonsense.
How do you start your day? When you first wake up in the morning, what are the first words that come out of your mouth? Do you complain? Do you worry about the day ahead of you? Do you think about what’s not working in your life?
How we start our day is often how we live our lives.
What do you say when you first look in the bathroom mirror? What do you say when you take a shower? What do you say when you get dressed? How do you leave your house for work? Do you just run out or do you say something nice. And what do you do when you get into the car. Do you slam the door and growl that you have to go to work?
I would like you to start your day tomorrow with an affirmation. When you first wake up and open your eyes, here are some affirmations you can say:
Good morning, bed. Thank you for being so comfortable, I love you.
Darling (your name), this will be a blessed day.
I am a gift to the world.
There are great experiences coming my way today.
Life loves me!
And when you get up and look in the bathroom mirror, I’d like you to say these affirmations:
Good morning Darling. I love you.
We are having a great day today.
You are a magnet for miracles.
You have time for everything you need to do.
You look great today.
An affirmation is a beginning point. It opens the way. You are saying to your subconscious mind: I am taking responsibility. I am aware that there is something I can do to change.
If you continue to say the affirmation, either you will be ready to let whatever it is go, and the affirmation will become true; or it will open a new avenue to you.
Open your eyes. Open the door. Take the first step. Say these affirmations tomorrow morning. Say them for the entire week. See how you can change your life by a single thought.
Let’s affirm: Every thought I think is creating my future.
Marry your best friend. I do not say that lightly. Really, truly find the strongest, happiest friendship in the person you fall in love with. Someone who speaks highly of you. Someone you can laugh with. The kind of laughs that make your belly ache, and your nose snort. The embarrassing, earnest, healing kind of laughs. Wit is important. Life is too short not to love someone who lets you be a fool with them. Make sure they are somebody who lets you cry, too. Despair will come. Find someone that you want to be there with you through those times. Most importantly, marry the one that makes passion, love, and madness combine and course through you. A love that will never dilute - even when the waters get deep, and dark.